Parading Around

              This year was the first year I participated in the Farmer’s Day Parade.  I typically work Saturdays, as they are a great day for business.  I was hesitant to block the time off, since I booked the previous Saturday off for the Tiger Challenge, but I thought it was a good opportunity to do something new.

               The Parade was awesome.  The float looked great, thanks to the work of the team and especially Don and Kody.  I got to be the tail in the lion with both Kayley and Noa.  Scared some kids and some dogs, which I guess means we did a good job with the lion.

               Afterwards we did a demo.  My weapon form didn’t go as planned, as at one point I experimented with giving a technique more power, and proceeded to lose control of the weapon as it flipped aggressively past my grip and onto the ground in front of me.  

              All in all I’m glad I participated.  It was a great way to spend some time with my teammates and the rest of the school.

Comments

Popular Posts