Investing in my Retirement

         I know what you're thinking, Nigel you're a young 20 something, why do you need to worry about retirement?  Well, I'm not talking about my finances.  Okay, okay!  I'm not a 20 something anymore either.  What I'm investing in, is my health.  Kung Fu has been a key tool in my retirement strategy, and as last night's class proved, a great humbler.  Always room for improvement.

        What some of you may or may not now, is that I work out for 90 minutes before I even go to class.  Usually pushing weights.  I do this for the obvious health reasons, but the timing is strictly because of the way my schedule works out.  Back to my investing in my retirement.  This thought has been on my mind since I saw an interview about a person talking about this very thing.  Just like how we can start saving up when we are young, yes I'm talking to those of you in their 20's and younger who feel invincible now.  Believe me, we've all been there.  You feel unstoppable at that age, but you'll hit a point where you do not bounce back as fast, and that is even if you're keeping active.  Those cells of yours that repair don't work as efficiently or effectively the older you get.

        Being in health care, I have seen people older, and the same age that are in rough shape because they haven't invested in their retirement, or health for that matter.  Since, A) I want to live to a ripe old age, and 2) want to be mobile and still have my faculties about me, I'm investing now.  I do this by refining my diet, supplementing where I can, and staying active through my Kung Fu, and through my weight training.  I started late.  By late, I mean, I started in my mid 20's, because I didn't know better.  I was very active, but my diet was atrocious, and I slept very little.  It was through Acupuncture that my knowledge came, and when I really started to get in-tune with my body.  So for all of you, regardless of your age, best start investing now, because the sooner you start, the better.  It will pay dividends later in life.  Sure there will always be things out of our control, like illness and injury, and other unforeseen circumstances, but we are aspiring black belts and black belts, we are control freaks, and that should start with the decisions we make for ourself.

Comments

  1. Great post! Great insight, and advice for all of us! And don’t I know it!! Lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts