Some discoveries

         I've noticed a big shift in my sparring lately.  Instead of immediately initiating, I'm waiting to see what my opponent is doing and go from there.  I don't necessarily wait for them to make the first move, I simply gauge before impulsively acting.  I'm a lot more relaxed and calmer, and this has allowed me to see more opportunities for openings and striking.  

        The other discovery I've made this past week has been by centering through transitions.  There are a few spots in all my forms where I have a hard time keeping my center down through transitions.  The obvious one is the start of Lao Gar 3, but there are others in Da Mu Hsing, Lung, 18 temple motions, stick.  Being aware of this I can identify what I need to do to fix this problem, which is a change in my intent.

        Nothing mind blowing here, just some simple observtions.

Comments

Popular Posts