Final Numbers, Saying Goodbye to Tiger and Hello to Rabbit

         Tiger came in hard and fast, very fitting for that animal year.  Feels like a blur really, and as I look back at all I have accomplished, I feel a sense of pride in the hard work I put in.

Final Tally: Km's ran/walked- 3,615 Km

                   Acts of Kindness- 2,120

                   Push-Ups/Sit-Ups- 58,750

                   Lao Gar- 889 (honestly I think the best I've done from all the years being in the IHC)

                   Weapon (Dual Karambit)- 890

                   Pull-Ups/Chin-Ups- 2,217

                   Sparring in minutes- 1,966


        Although my core curriculum of the IHC was a success, my personal requirements did take a bit of a hit.  I'm finding ways to hold myself more accountable for the year ahead.  I also realized how many working hours I gave up over the year for all of the extra stuff I participated in, so this too will be changing.  I need to refocus that energy into my business and into my professional practice, because I really do enjoy being an acupuncturist.  I think people think that because I'm a business owner I can get time off anytime, and to an extent that is true, but it comes with a sacrifice.

        As for the year of the Rabbit, I'm happy to see some new faces joining us-- I've seen a few of our new and returning team members make some posts already, and that is fantastic!  For my personal requirements this year I am carrying over some and adding some new.

-Creative writing, my goal here is to create 10 creative short stories AND share them on Kwoon Talk

-I'm committing to 10,000 of each, front thrust, side heel, roundhouse, and spinning back kick

-I have some physical requirements, mainly working towards a deadlift of 500lbs.  I know on the surface this doesn't seem integral to my personal growth, but when I push myself to this kind of goal, it is because I am challenging my body, to see what I am capable of.  Furthermore, there is a lot of training that needs to happen to make such a lift happen, not just strengthening by performing deadlifts, but by strengthening my entire body.

-not a signed off personal goal, but I have recently started my Yoga Teacher training, to further my own practice, and to give my clients more tools to help themselves, and perhaps my fellow IHC members.

-Through the Adventure Challenge couples workbook, I am working on strengthening my relationship with my partner.

-Hand form this year will be Lung

-Weapon form will be my own Stick form.


        I'm looking forward to what the year of the Rabbit brings, and hope that I can continue developing habits that enrich my life.

Comments

Popular Posts