Failure to Launch


         After an amazing end to the Tiger year, I've had difficulty carrying the moment through to the Year of the Rabbit.  If I'm being honest, it has been a bit of a dismal start.  For the record, I'm counting the New Year's Banquet, as the end of the Tiger year, because it was the culmination of the Tiger Team's efforts and commitments throughout the year.

        My issue that I'm currently facing is that I have once again put too much on my plate.  "Who me?!  Doesn't sound like something I would do."  It is.  Even though we are, what, a week in, it feels longer.  I started my Yoga Teacher Training, and between that and preparing for the banquet, I haven't had a lot of time (that I normally do), or energy (and I'm like the Energizer Bunny), to fulfill my numbers.  

        I understand that, yes, it is only the first week, and that I have a lot of time to catch up.  I'm writing this blog so that I can get it out of they way and move forward.  What I don't want is for this to turn into an excuse that continues me down this path.  What I need to be doing now is adjusting to my new routine, and do what I have always done that has guaranteed me success, and that is to do the work.

        Now that I've gotten that out of the way, for some help with my creative writing.  If y'all  can respond to this post by giving me either a name, setting, genre, or event.  I will pick what you've posted and create a creative short story out of it.

Comments

Popular Posts