Overtraining + Updates


         I've been noticing lately how tired I've felt, and how sore I've been.  On top of that, I'm noticing that I'm not recovering as quickly from activity, or  small wounds for that matter.  After some self reflection, I knew the answer was n my overtraining.  For months now I've been going hard at work, the gym, and in Kung Fu.  Stress can be good for the body, but after time the nervous system gets overloaded, and thus results in poor sleep, poor mood, soreness, and slower recovery times.  

        Work stress is both more and less.  More because I've had to take on another practitioners load of patients, less because things do tend to slow down a bit in the summer time.  I'm taking a week off from the gym completely this week, and then again at the end of the month when I go away for a trip with friends to Kelowna.  Will be interesting to see how my energy levels and everything else is in Kung Fu, having not just had a workout immediately before.  Though, I doubt there will be much of a noticeable change this week, as I allow my body more recovery time.  With the Tiger Challenge coming up, I'm still going to train my Kung Fu, but my training is going to change slightly, emphasizing more stances and technique, and allowing the rest to take a bit of a back seat for now.

        My biggest complain in my body right now has been my hips and my right knee.  Hips have just felt more tight as of late, regardless of how much stretching and mobility work I do.  My right knee had felt good for the past couple of month until lately.  It feels like it gets fatigued quickly, then gets sore after.  Both of these things have been frustrating in my training, for my stances and kicks have suffered.  I'm seeing someone tomorrow who can hopefully help me with a different approach to my situation.


Here are my numbers up till the end of June:

KM's- 1528

AOK- 976

Push-Up/Sit-Ups- 26,200

Lao Gar- 405

Weapon (Karambit)- 405

Pull-Ups/Chin-Ups- 1065

Sparring- 976 minutes

Blogging and I am Project is being kept up with weekly

Still have only read mastery a few times

My writing has been put on hold with the increase in work schedule.  Basically it took  away the time I had originally set for myself, so just need to establish a new scheduled routine time.


        Looking forward to the Tiger Challenge, but at the same time, I'm not feeling my best, so not sure how that will translate for the day.

P.s. I’m a big Adventure Time fan.

Comments

Popular Posts