Writing

         A personal requirement that I am setting for myself again in the Year of the Tiger is to write 100 pages of my novel.  I failed to do this last year, though I did make some edits and rewrites of pages I had already written.  So why is it important for me to have this as a requirement and what purpose is it serving?  I've been feeling a need to express myself creatively, and this is the best way I know how.  So then, why didn't I commit to this last year?  Good question.  Fear is the first thing that comes to my mind.  Fear of failure, which is ironic because I failed the personal requirement attached to this project.  For me, this novel is something I one day wish to share with the world, and I fear people aren't going to like my writing style or what I have to say.  That's what has been holding me back.  Which is silly, because I should really just be writing for myself, so that I can express my soul in a genuine way.  I'm re-committing myself to this requirement with the intent that it is for me, to express my creativity, regardless if anyone reads it.

Comments

Popular Posts