Leadership

         Last week was a tough week at work.  Stress was high, and sleep was lost.  I had a contractor that I had to let go, and have never had to fire anyone before.  I'm too kind for my own good, and gave this person too many chances, when I knew deep down that it was better that they were no longer at my clinic.  I cause myself unnecessary stress this way.  Communication was lacklustre within the clinic, and it made me feel like I was just absolutely failing as a leader.  This is something that I think about often; what kind of leader am I?  I would say that I'm a silent leader, one that leads more by example.  I like to think that I'm the kind of leader that is adaptable to changes, and open to suggestions that can improve the work environment.  Then there are times that I feel that I'm just going around in circles and failing to lead my team forward.

        Now I can easily just be down on myself, but that's not the type of person that I am.  Instead, I took action, and made a plan to further communication within my clinic, and to provide a more consistent and exceptional customer experience.  It's definitely not easy being the one in charge.  There is a lot of weight to be carried.  I need to remind myself more that I am doing a great job as a leader; and yes, there are times that I will drop the ball, and there are times that I will make decisions that not everyone will like, but that's part of it.  Many people want to lead, but very few know how to lead, or even what being a leader truly means.

        That's all from me for today.

Comments

Popular Posts