Running On

         My plan is to run the virtual Edmonton Marathon August 29th, that's a Sunday.  I'll need to map a route, but I'm hoping to make SRKF my halfway point.  I hear there is a plan for the Spruce Grove and Stony Plain trails to be merged this year.  As far as training goes, I'd say that I'm on track.  I'm running consistently between 9 and 13 km, 3-4 times per week, and keeping an average pace of 4 min 50 sec/km.  I'm projecting to finish with a time of 3 hrs and 40 min roughly.  I have been hesitant to push my distance lately, only because I have been working through some knee issues with my physiotherapist.  Cardiovascular stamina is there, just need my body to get used to hitting pavement for that long.

        Training is going great otherwise, and that includes my forms.  My consistency has been the best it has ever been.  Averaging 15 minutes of training per day, 30-40 minutes when the weather is really nice out.  Mentally, I've been feeling more engaged, and more present in my forms.  Still having a ton of fun developing my weapon form.  Next year I already plan to add a second karambit into the mix.  That's all I got today.  Short and sweet.

        

Comments

Popular Posts