Feeling

This and many other blogs are long over do, so I apologize in advance for the influx of blogs from me over the next few days.

In class we talk about feeling our movements in the form, and how usually when something feels good, or right, it shows in the form as good technique.  The more I've practiced my forms I can definitely tell when things don't feel good; however I'm still working on when the technique feels right.

This has led me to contemplate how we feel outside of class, and outside of doing our forms.  How often do we just feel how things are: in our relationships, our work?  I imagine the answer for many of us is not very often.  We are very logic based in society.  It seems if we can't intellectually articulate things, it has no real merit.  For me this is very untrue.  I can't count the number of times when performing acupuncture that I place a needle because I feel my patient needs it.  There's no logic behind it, it's just a feeling.  More often than not, that feeling leads to great healing.

So why don't we 'feel' things more?  Feelings are just as important and valid as science and intellect; perhaps even more so at times.  Feelings show us intentions that are hidden in people, and keep us safe.  Feelings also allow us to open up more and explore new opportunities.  Now how many of you are going to take a moment this week to 'feel' a bit more?

Comments

Popular Posts