Aftermath

        Aftermath usually implies the after effects of an event that is unpleasant, which isn't the case here, though I really couldn't think of a more suitable word.  Anyways, I wanted to talk about how I've been feeling after the Tiger Challenge.  It was another great day, the best part of it was hanging out with everyone, sharing some laughs, and having fun.  I wasn't in the best place mentally going into the tournament, because of recent life events, but I didn't let that deter me.

        My forms weren't where I hoped they be, but regardless I've seen a lot of improvement in them.  Sure some things drop off, but that is the nature.  Hopefully it all comes together in the end as I continue to pick apart the pieces.  Same goes for my weapon.  I've been really liking the Monk Spade and think it really suits me and my build (unlike the *cough* obstacle course *cough*).  I'm continuing to develop and add to my form.  Simon, if you're reading this, I'm going to reach out to you to go over a couple of moves.

        I was happy Todai Mike Kohut asked me to do fight choreography with him, because it was a blast.  Wasn't something I was originally signed up for, but was glad he asked.  It was an opportunity to get out out of my comfort zone and do something new.  I'm thinking next year I will have to sign up for the creative musical form.

        Lastly, sparring.  I really enjoy sparring, because I learn so much each time I get in the ring.  The nature of it, the feedback you get is instant.  You know what you're doing well, and what you aren't right away.  I did catch myself a few times where my guards weren't where they were supposed to be, and I'm sure there were other times that I didn't catch them and paid the price.  I had fierce competitors that kept me on my toes and had me constantly evaluating and shifting my strategy throughout.  So thank you to everyone I got the honor of sparring.

        As a happy bonus, my numbers really improved this past month. Funny, it's like this challenge is designed for just that.

        

 Numbers:

Km's- 1242 ran/walked/hiked

AOK's- 433

PU/SU's- 18,324

DMH- 262

Monk Spade- 265

Sparring- 382 mins.

Comments

Popular Posts