Intent; AKA. Harmony

          The idea of intent has been a difficult concept to master, and I find it more and more relating to the state of harmony within me.  When my internal thoughts and external movement is harmonious, my intent is pure.  However, when one or the other is out of sync, my intent become chaotic at best- fluctuating between movements.
          I find it most difficult when learning something new... that's a lie, I still struggle with my hand forms as well.  It's hard to act with intent, when most of the time my intent is focused on perfecting a form and making corrections, or just learning the motions.  I know it's all part of the process, but when does one stop focusing on "perfection" and focus on the end intent?
          Is intent being present in each moment, or is it where you want to be in the end?  I have many questions about this, but for now I will continue my efforts on ironing out the wrinkles in my forms and hope that along the way intent manifests itself.

Comments

Popular Posts