Road Block; AKA. Depression

          Winter is hard on everyone.  The bitter cold.  We tend to stay indoors more.  Perhaps our activity levels decline.  Then Spring comes.  The sun shines.  We should be feeling better right?  Why is it that for some of us we are still stuck with the winter blues?
          I am depressed.  It's not the first time, and won't be the last time; and I am notorious for being really hard on myself.  Lately, I feel like I'm not good enough.  Not good enough to be running a company; not good enough at CrossFit; not good enough at my Kung Fu; and not a good enough friend.  It may be spring, but it is still very much winter for me.  My numbers have most definitely suffered.  I haven't quit.  I'm still pushing forward.  However, I am no where near what I want to be.  Thursday was a tough day for me.  Truthfully, I didn't want to come to class that night.  I made it though, and did what I could to practice my skills.  Mediocrity has crept back into my life, wrapping its vines around me, constructing my movements, and rooting me in place.  Not a great feeling, especially when I want to just run and escape.
         My only option it seems is to keep moving forward a step at a time, regardless of how small those steps may be.  Nothing lasts forever, and I know this won't either.  Sorry for the melancholic post, but that's all I have.

Comments

Popular Posts